Books and E-books for Engineering - (for Ebooks simply click on link and enter your network login
BTEC National Engineering (Pearson) (Ebook) by A. Buckenham et alUpdates to BTEC National Set Tasks for external assessment - April 2017
As a result of feedback from the Department for Education Pearson have made updates to the Set Tasks for some BTEC National qualifications. Therefore subsequent changes have been made to this product.
If you have purchased this book before 13th April 2017, details of these changes can be found here. [link to www.pearsonfe.co.uk/BTECchanges]. Corrected copies will be available to purchase by June 2017.
The Student Book and ActiveBook has clearly laid out pages with a range of supportive features to aid learning and teaching:
• Getting to know your unit sections ensure learners understand the grading criteria and unit requirements.
• Getting ready for assessment sections focus on preparation for external assessment with guidance for learners on what to expect. Hints and tips will help them prepare for assessment and sample answers are provided for a range of question types including, short and long answer questions, all with a supporting commentary.
• Pause point features provide opportunities for learners to self-evaluate their learning at regular intervals. Each Pause point feature gives learners a Hint or Extend option to either revisit and reinforce the topic or encourage independent research or further study skills.
• Case study and Theory into practice features enable development of problem-solving skills and place the theory into real life situations learners could encounter.
• Assessment practice features provide scaffolded activities that help prepare learners for assessment. Within each assessment practice activity, a Plan, Do and Review section supports learners’ formative assessment by to making sure they fully understand what they are being asked to do, what their goals are and how to evaluate the task and consider how they could improve.
• Literacy and numeracy activities provide opportunities for reinforcement in these key areas, placing the skills into a children’s play, learning and development context.
• Dedicated Think future pages provide case studies from the industry, with a focus on aspects of skills development that can be put into practice in a real work environment and further study.
BTEC Level 3 National engineering student book (Ebook) by E. Cooke et alCovers all mandatory and 4 optional units, providing the breadth for tutors to tailor the course to their learners’ needs and interests.
•Visually-appealing learner-friendly format, specially designed for Engineering students.
•Assessment activities in each unit give students the opportunity to practice for their assignments and deepen their knowledge and understanding.
•WorkSpace case studies take learners into the real world of work, showing them how they can apply their knowledge in a real-life context.