Borrowing resources from the library (Staff):
All staff at West Suffolk College and its Local Learning centres are entitled to use the Library facilities using their college ID badge. Your WSC network login is needed when renewing or reserving books online via the Library catalogue.
Membership entitles you to borrow 15 items at any one time (10 books and 5 videos/DVDs) and full access to all the Library’s electronic resources. Those teaching on the HE programme also have the following:
- Access to UCS resources and services via My UCS. Please ask in the Library for help searching for and using these resources.
- Entitlement to apply for a University of East Anglia (UEA) campus card via the West Suffolk College Library staff. Staff may then visit the UEA library and borrow material directly from them.
You may renew an item provided it has not been reserved. For stock control purposes, we must see any item after 4 renewals. You may renew:
- online (click here)
- by telephone (01284) 716216/267
- in person at the library counter
- or in person on the self-service machine located in the library
3 week loan – 10p per day starting to accrue once the item is 6 working days overdue
1 week loan – 20p per day starting to accrue once the item is 6 working days overdue
Journal loan – £1.00 per day starting to accrue once the item is 1 working day overdue
A self-service machine is available, and allows you to quickly borrow, return, renew and pay fines.
Borrowing from other libraries
You may request materials not held in the College Library through Inter-Library Loan (ILL) Up to 15 ILLs can be requested over the academic year. No charge is made for the original loan but a charge of £5.00 will be made if you need to renew the item. If you would like to email your request to us, please click below:
Other UK Libraries
Links to other UK Library catalogues. This can be useful for identifying material which we can borrow for you using the inter-library loan system.